For fitness and sports fans to do their exercises in a guided, automated and timed manner.
Currently, it relies in the concept of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) which allows looping around multiple exercises with fixed rest and workout times, like Tabata.
Tabata is a form of high-intensity interval training based on a study by Izumi Tabata. It initially consisted of one exercise carried out intensively during 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest after it. This exercise was looped 8 times, giving a total of 4 minutes.
It provides the ability for users to define/plan their own (multiple) workouts by defining lists of exercises and custom timings.
Wrkout is a featureful and supported version of Tabata Trainer, a free app which you can test and see if you like, prior to purchasing Wrkout.
Unique features provided by Wrkout in comparison to Tabata Trainer:
- Definition of multiple workouts for quick selection;
- Free reordering of exercises in each workout;
- Definition of warm-up time and round rest time;
- Countdown sounds (3, 2, 1)!
Features already provided by Tabata Trainer:
- HIIT timer with start/pause/stop controls;
- Definition of rest time, exercise time and number of rounds;
- Definition of any number of exercises, with textual descriptions, that form a custom workout;
- Text-to-speech engine to read exercises' names to guide users throughout their workouts;
- Sound alerts: Resting; Exercising; Darth Vader breath stimulator; Workout completed;
- Supported languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and French;
- No ads and no special access permissions required;
- Sound, speech and the display's sleeping mode are configurable;
- Horizontal layout and Tablet support;
- Customizable sounds;
- Ability to disable the background gradient.
[the list of features was last updated on November 2013 and is now outdated, please check the changelog.]
You can start using Wrkout via Google Play Store for a one-time only fee.
If you just want to try Tabata Trainer for free, you can also get it via Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore.
Wrkout has been mentioned in the following websites: