This app aims at providing a way for Tabata practitioners and general sports fans to do their exercises in an appropriate and automated timely manner. It also provides the ability for users to define/plan their own training exercises and times. More features are planned for next releases!
Tabata is a form of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) based on a study by Izumi Tabata. It initially consisted of one exercise carried out intensively during 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest after it. This exercise was looped 8 times, giving a total of 4 minutes.
- Tabata timer;
- Start/pause/stop controls;
- Definition of rest and exercise time;
- Definition of the number of rounds;
- Definition of any number of exercises, with textual descriptions, that form a custom training/workout;
- Text-to-speech engine to read exercises' names to guide users throughout their workouts;
- Sound alerts: Resting; Exercising; Darth Vader breath stimulator; Workout completed;
- English (UK) and Portuguese (Portugal) text languages supported;
- Text-to-speech in Portuguese is not available due to lack of support from Android;
- No ads and no special access permissions required;
- Sound, speech and display sleeping mode configurable;
- Ability to share current workout;
- Horizontal layout and Tablet support;
- Customizable sounds;
- Ability to disable the background gradient.
[the list of features was last updated on November 2013 and is now outdated, please check the changelog.]
If you are willing to do some working out with this application, head over to the Tabata Trainer's Play Store page or Amazon Appstore and give it a try!
Tabata Trainer has been mentioned in the following websites: